Fashion photography is a genre of photography devoted to displaying clothing and other fashion items. It's often an incredibly experimental medium, and results in innovative and high-concept photography. Today we've collected a range of stylish and beautiful examples of fashion photography, and a few tips to help you shoot your own fashion images!
Fashion photography is one of the most important fields of photography. It ranges from the amazing fine art images of Mert and Marcus that grace the pages of Vogue to simple studio shots on an e-commerce website. As long as some of the focus is on clothes, or at least a sense of identity that goes along with a clothing brand, it counts as fashion photography.
Bad fashion makes it all about the clothes. The models are unidentifiable, generically attractive clothes horses for the latest range to hang on. If you're going to try your hand at fashion photography, don't do that!
Good fashion photography makes it about the people. The best is indistinguishable from fine art portraiture. It can cross so many genres and lines that the only limit is what you're prepared to try.
100 Shots of Fashion
To inspire you, I've gather 100 stylish fashion images from around the internet. As always, some of these are awesome shots while others are flawed. It's often easier to learn what doesn't work than what works. Check them out below.
I imagine that by now you're wanting to read more about how some of these effects are created, and whether you have the kit to re-produce this type of image at home.
Fashion photography often requires quite a bit of equipment, and lots of time dedicated to practice and shooting. We've gathered a selection of tutorials below that should help you get on the path to shooting stunning fashion images in no time!
Have you captured any of your own fashion-style images? I'd love to see them. Feel free to share a few links in the comments below!
- Success Factor for Zara
- Visual Representation Is Our Cultural Dictator
- Role of Women in Uzbekistan
- Clothing and the Culture of Fashion
- Analyse Coco Chanel's Philosophy
- Fashion Photographer Cecil Beaton
- The 1960s
- Global Strategy High Fashion Fights Recession
- Zara E-Business
- Management System by Kaplan and Norton that Focuses on Financial and Operational Measures
- Clothing Store Case Study
- Fashion Trends in the Fifties
- Pumpkin Patch Case Analysis
- Porters Analysis of Zara
- Georg Simmel's Concept of Fashion
- H&M. Ethics and Social Responsibility of the Swedish Fashion Giant
- Prada â€“ Leading the Technological Revolution in the Fashion World
- H&M in Fast Fashion: Continued Success?
- Fashion Retail Management
- Zara - Marketing Research
- How the Trickle-Down Theory Works in China
- Zara, Fast Fashion
- Case Study Sunshine Fashion: Fraud, Theft and Misbehavior among Employees
- Influence of the Fashion Industry
- Ethical Issues in the Fashion Industry
- Dress and Fashion
- Veja Sneakers with a Conscience
- 18th Century Fashion and It’s Influence on 21st Century Trends
- Puma Marketing Report
- Inditex International Expansion
- Pop Culture in 1960's and 1990's
- Lack of Style
- The Impact of Globalization on Food, Fashion, Film, and Music
- Analyzing Zara, S Supply Chain
- Le Chateau Analysis
- Roaring Twenties in American Society After World War I.
- Anna Wintour Assignment
- Zara case operation management
- Fashion Advertising: The Price of Beauty
- Fashion - a Design Centred Approach V Market Centred Approach
- The Relationship Between Fashion and Lifestyle
- Zara It Analysis
- Bardot Reort
- Zara Supply Chain System
- The Importance of Fashion in Modern Society
- Case Study 2: Zara International
- Online Fashion Growth by 2015
- Brand Awareness and Brand Extension Literature View
- Bravery Never Goes Out of Fashion in named William MakepeaceThackeray's Rikki Tikki Tavi”
- Coco Chanel and Fashion
- H&M Company Analysis
- HBR: The Fashion Channel Case
- Fashion Design Piracy
- Zara Fast Fashion
- Act Utilitarianism and Kantian ethical theories in business (the fashion industry).
- This essay, "1920s vs 1960s", writen in AABB format, deals with the comparison of; general statistics, fashion styles of both men & women, music, & controversial issues.
- Unique Clothing Warehouse to UNIQLO Fast Retailing
- Fashion Channel Case Solution
- Case Analysis - Fashion Channel
- 18th and 19th Century Shoes and Fashion
- Marie Antoinette
- History and Development of Baroque and Rococo and Their Influence Today
- Sustainability of H&M in Competitive Apparel Market
- TV MYTHS
- New Balance Athletic Shoes Case Study
- Magazine Analysis of Elle
- The Influence of Fashion on People
- Elizabethan Fashion
- Schools Are For Learning, Not Fashion
- Zara: Fast Fashion
- Asos Brand Audit
- Designers, unlike artists, can’t follow their creative impulses, they
- Marketing Strategy: Enhancing Brand Equity by Developing a Brand Community
- The World of Fashion was Changed by Designer, Muriel King
- The Many Changes of Fashion
- What Is the Role of Fashion Promotion, and How Will It Develop over the Next Five Years?
- Your Future With Brand Building
- Case Study – the Fashion Channel
- A Career in the Industry of Fashion and Art
- Henriques: Target Market Analysis
- Zara Operation Strategy
- Sociolotical Analysis of Fashion
- The Fashion Channel – Case Study
- United Kingdom Fashion Industry
- Summary of the TED Talk: Lessons From Fashion’s Free Culture by Johanna Blakely
- Burberry Case Study